WELCOME TO OUR CHAPTER
The Piedmont College AMA Collegiate Chapter is open to all students of Piedmont College. We invite you to join us no matter your program of study is in the Walker School of Business, School of Arts & Sciences, or School of Education. Opportunities extended through the chapter are beneficial whether your future career is in business, non-profit, or public service. Most importantly, the challenge is to be engaged. Tell us more about your interests following the link below and check out the opportunities to serve on one of our chapter teams.
Each team structure is designed to encourage wider participation in the various roles necessary for success of the chapter. Serving on a team gives each member an opportunity to learn about a key area of chapter operations and to gain leadership experience in team building and project management. Teams report to a Vice President who also serves as their voice on the chapter Executive Board.
Our Professional Development team takes responsibility for organizing our annual Piedmont AMA Regional Collegiate Conference as well as encouraging member participation in the AMA Atlanta Regional Collegiate Conference. Members are encouraged on a continuing basis to attend chapter meetings, speaker events, and participation in professional development workshops.
Our Membership team works with our Vice President - Membership to recruit and retain members. In addition to traditional Fall semester club fairs, the team engages with students through presentations to our Freshmen and Sophomore business courses with recruiting messages and materials. Retention efforts are focused on Sophomores and rising Juniors to become more involved in chapter leadership roles.
Our Community Service team members provide leadership and support for three charity campaigns each year.
- First is our Lions Pride 5K Color Run in late September benefiting Grace Gate, a charity health clinic serving chronically ill clients in Habersham County.
- Our second fundraising campaign is in late October and early November benefiting the Adopt-a-Child program.
- Third is an "Empty Bowl" fundraising campaign in March timed to the Easter Season benefiting the Habersham Food Bank.
Each event or campaign has individual donation goals. Participation beyond "volunteering" that include responsibilities for planning, marketing, and executing charity fundraising events may qualify as a personal COMPASS endeavor. Contact the COMPASS office for further details.
Our Competitions team assists the VP-Competitions in recruiting members to participate in the various competitions offered through our chapter sponsored Piedmont AMA Regional Collegiate Conference as well as offered through AMA. Last year, our chapter participated in competitions recognized at the AMA International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans. Students attending the conference participated in the SABRE Business Simulation, Chapter Exhibit, Marketing Strategy, Perfect Pitch, and Student Research competition. Chapter entered the AMA Case Competition and the AMA Website Competition with entries submitted prior to the conference. Our AMA Case submission earned "Honorable Mention" at the AMA ICC awards dinner.
Our Communications team members provide specialized talents to our respective communications efforts directed to our campus population, our alumni and the general business community. These include our chapter controlled media (our website and our social media accounts) campus newspaper (The Roar) and campus radio (WPCZ); college operated communications and social media (, and external communications (local newspapers and radio). Specific roles on this team include;
- a web master for the chapter site content and timely updates to content including a chapter blog,
- a social media coordinator for managing the chapter's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts,
- a media design specialist for graphics and photography used in print media (posters / flyers), website and social media.
- a reporter / writer to prepare copy for use in each chapter control media as well as preparation of press releases for external media, and
- a media coordinator to assure timely distribution of news and promotional material for all chapter events and activities to the Office of Student Services, the Piedmont App, and media accounts for both Piedmont College and the Walker School of Business.